Saturday, October 29, 2011

Murder Mystery

Last night, Brent and I attended a 1920s Murder Mystery Party at our friends' home turned speakeasy. I've been working on the costumes feverishly for a couple weeks and I was so pleased with how it all turned out. Brent was my secret lover which was kind of nice considering I couldn't keep my eyes off him. He looked great in his suit coat and bedazzled suspenders! Ha! All the married couples were having "secret" affairs with their spouses. It made the romances a lot less awkward!

I was SO sick but I didn't want to bail and leave the rest of the group without my character's secrets (well, that I didn't want to miss out on the fun!) Everyone looked fantastic and our hosts had created an environment in their home that made playing characters easy! Well, easy for everyone else. I was terrible (or... banana oil, as the flappers would say). I know Brent really wants to do one of these again, but I think I would like to host next time.



Our friends Mel and Ben were there too. Aren't they cute? They are getting married in the spring!



I have a couple little tutorials coming for you too. One for Brent's suspenders and one for my dress. I'll get them up as soon as I get some time. As for right now, I think I am going to go take some more cold medicine and get my sweet little sick baby to bed. I can't wait until these colds run their course! I want us both to be better!

1 comment:

  1. You guys look great!!!! How fun! Yes, I think you should host one and I will definitely come! Hope you feel better soon, because we need to play!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! Seriously. I love them.

Related Posts Plugin