Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Interview with Sunni of Love Affair with My Brother



When Sunni said 'yes' to being interviewed for Creating Success Around the World, I was super excited! She and I have similar senses of humor, so we get along just great. Plus, she's the coordinator of one of my bees, Stash Bee! Sunni has a great eye for modern which can be seen in her many projects and her color combos are to die for! So bright! I love it! Not only is she extremely talented, she's also a great source of sewing wisdom and is happy to share her knowledge with anyone! So sweet! I now introduce you to Sunni from Washington, USA!





1. Who are you?? Tell us about yourself, where you blog, what you like, about your hobbies, etc.



Hi! I'm Sunni from Love Affair with my Brother. No! I'm not immoral. I have a close relationship with my sewing machine. We work together on a daily basis! 
I have 2 adorable little girls that I stay home with and sew for and an amazingly supportive husband!





I also run a quilt bee called Stash Bee where members make requested blocks from their own stash. I love to do swaps and bees and I created one with all my favorite components, and left out anything that hasn't worked for me in the past! We are currently filling slots in Hive #3 to start in March.







2. What do you create? (this could be a website, stories, crafts – anything)

I love anything crafty and do all sorts. I love scrapbooking, painting, felt crafts, bow-making, crocheting, hand embroidery, woodworking and of course SEWING!! Most all of my spare time is spent at my sewing machine making clothes, crafts, and quilts. 








3. Why do you create? 





A lot of reasons. 



I love the smile on my daughter's face when I make something for her...







I love to see my little girls in clothes I've made for them...







I love the quiet time I get when working on a project...


I love honing and sharpening new skills...




I feel connected to my grandma when I sew. She taught me and it was "our thing" together...


I love creating something for 1/2 the store price...


There are, of course, more reasons, but I will say that creating is vital to my being. It defines me and makes me who I am.








4. Do you sell your creations? If so, how? Where? And is it profitable?


I used to, briefly. I attended several craft fairs last year. It is TOUGH! I have the utmost respect for anyone that does it every year. But it proved to be too difficult and not at all profitable for me. I spent so much time away from my girls and it wasn't worth it. I also had an Etsy shop set up, but I have closed that down now, too. I would love to reopen my shop someday when I have more time.





5. What mistakes have you made or lessons have you learned?



Ohhh that is a big question! In life? In crafting? In blogging?


Well, my life mistakes are too many to list here! ;-)


My crafting, and more importantly sewing mistakes are just opportunities. If I realize my mistake and learn from it, than I am all the better for it. I'm not one of those illusionist bloggers, who covers and glosses over mistakes and pretends that the project is whole and flawless. I frequently post about my mistakes and point them out for all to see. I want to show you my mistake, so you don't have to make it on your own.


I would rather be described as genuine than perfect!







6. What, to you, is success? Have you achieved it yet, or are you on your way towards success?


Success is definitely something that is always strived for. Anytime you reach your goal, you must create a new one. When you master a new quilt block, you move on to a harder one. When you grow your business sales to  $$$, you create new products, new marketing, and make next year's sales goal $$$$$. 


I accomplish a little success everyday and I am constantly working towards the next goal.






7. So what's next?


More creating. 


I plan on starting my first ever QAL later this year. 


Bigger reach.


I'm planning more ways to grow my blog and reach a bigger audience everyday.


More connections.











Don't you just love Sunni?! I feel so lucky to be able to count her as one of my bloggy friends. Be sure to go check out her blog and see her new series starting in March, Farmer's Wife in your Life.

To see who the other hosts are interviewing on their continent, click on the buttons below!










If you are interested in being interviewed for Creating Success Around the World, leave me a comment on this post. Feel free to link up your blog or a creation you are especially proud of and meet some other crafters from around the globe!





Danny

8 comments:

  1. Sunni is so talented and I just love her blog! Great interview Danny!


    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all of Sunni's creations especially that sign!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eeek! Danny you are so awesome for thinking of me to interview. I had a blast with it. Thank you! And can you believe the awesome comments about Sunni? (Yeah, my head inflated and I must speak in 3rd person from now on)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved Sunni the first time i saw that hopscotch quilt. So cute and creative

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd love to get on Sunni's blog, but I can't without her permission.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She has taken a hiatus from blogging. Without going into a lot of detail, she will most likely be MIA for a while.

      Delete

Comments make my day! Seriously. I love them.

Related Posts Plugin