Saturday, January 5, 2013

Already hitting 2013 hard

Along with the Scrappy Trip Along quilt, I've been bustin out my Folksy Flannel stash.

A peek at the plus quilt.

This one will be for my BFF. It's a wedding gift even though she got married February 2012. It's the thought that counts, right?! Anyway, this is a real quick, IG peek at the progress.

Gotta lay my quilts out while the monster naps.

AND, the REAL motivation behind getting her quilt together: MY QUILT! I've been dying to make this quilt forever, and while it's still just sitting, waiting to be pieced, at least I have finally cut it up and gotten myself organized. I'm sewing this weekend with friends and hoping I will get to sewing this bad boy together then. I keep telling myself: The sooner these get finished, the sooner I will have a toasty-night's sleep instead of waking up freezing every night!

So that's what I'm working on. Not bad for only a week into the year, amirite?

Danny

11 comments:

  1. Not bad indeed. They look very snuggly and I am already started on a similar one too, though not in flannel. Looks like we all have our mojos back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilts are beautiful and I am definitely an advocate for better late than never!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love these, Danny! That flannel is so soft and snuggly, not to mention gorgeous. Hitting it hard, indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my goodness!! They are both gorgeous!!! Me want to stroke!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you went with the cross design. It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous Danny. I'm so jealous, I never got any amh flannel when it came out.....I did win a little from Katy at imaginger monkey though, so pleased. The plus quilt is lovely but your quilt is perfection

    ReplyDelete
  7. I feel like a bad friend. I thought you were on a blogging hiatus, but have been posting to IG so I felt like I was caught up with you. Then I realized your blog disappeared from my Bloglovin feed. Hmmm, I wonder how many others have disappeared. I just read a bunch of your posts and you have been busy and everything is beautiful. I loved seeing your house, all shiny and bright for Christmas. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a fabulous quilt, such a burst of colour

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think you have a year to give the gift and what a gorgeous gift it is :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dang! That's some professional speed quilting there. ;) These are really going to be the most luxurious blankets with all that flannel.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooh, bet that's wonderfully snuggly!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! Seriously. I love them.

Related Posts Plugin