Monday, April 15, 2013

Meal Planning 4/15 - 4/19

This is another short week for us.

Monday: Sunset Blend Juice. Brent and I have decided we are going to do a 10 day juice cleanse starting Friday! We are super excited to get started. We will be following the juice regimen from here, which is where you can find the recipe for this juice. Since I am writing this after having finished my juice, I can tell you it is good, but I double the recipe, making far too much for Brent and I. The juice was very earthy, although that was to be expected with all those root vegetables. I think next time I will add some more orange or apple, to sweeten it up a bit. And the beets stained my hands.
Tuesday: Pasta with Fresh Tomato Sauce. Since we are doing the juice cleanse this weekend, we need to eat up some things we have, and pasta I have!
Wednesday: Grilled cheese sandwiches and asparagus on my homemade bread.
Thursday: Dinner out for date night!! We are going to see The Postal Service play for our anniversary so we are going to make a whole night of it. Well, until we have to pick up Clara from her Yaya's (Grandpa) house.
Friday: Day 1 of the 10 day cleanse! Wish us luck!

This week I decided to try someplace new for my produce. I heard from a friend on Facebook about a local market that sells cheap produce. It's not locally grown or organic, so that was two strikes against a local market, but I decided to try it out anyway. The prices were amazing! Four cartons of strawberries for $1. Three bunches of celery for $1. Peppers for $1/lb. It was well worth the trip, which was only a little farther than I usually travel for my groceries.

Tried a new place for my produce. All this for $45!

I bought everything except the carrots and spinach at the new place, Superstition Ranch Market. My total grocery bill for all this produce was $45. $45!!! I got loads of produce, including:

apples
oranges
ginger root
onion
jalepeno
strawberries
yams
broccoli
pears
pineapples
lemons
limes
celery
cabbage
beets


and loads more I can't even remember.

I also ordered my bountiful basket today, just a friendly reminder to do so if you haven't yet.

So tell me. Have any of you every tried a juicing cleanse? Thoughts? Recipes?

Danny

5 comments:

  1. I haven't yet, but my hubby and I have talked about juicing! So awesome y'all are going to the The Postal Service! Love them! Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just had a look at the juicing site, while I don't think I'd stick at it long term I am going to add some of those recipes to my list, thanks for sharing and happy anniversary for Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the look of the veggies, think a juice diet sounds like it should be standard in a hospital or old people's home, i prefer to use my teeth whilst I still have them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good bargains for food...I can't help on the juice thing, I don't even have a juicer. Good luck

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! Seriously. I love them.

Related Posts Plugin